It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:28 am

Add "Spare Infantry Bases" to the Webstore?

Tell the world your Dropzone related trials and tribulations!
  • Author

stevefamine

Add "Spare Infantry Bases" to the Webstore?

PostThu Aug 10, 2017 2:21 pm

When my friend and I were building a Scourge Army I wanted to base the Hunters/Invaders/Tormentors/and so on infantry bases. The bases add a lot of character to the models as well as a "hovering" feel. 8-)

I traded around for extra infantry and chopped them off to get the bases. I attempted a kitbash a few variations but it wasn't the same smooth size as the bases that come with the models. I could have recasted them - but that would have been dramatically more expensive to set up than trading for some poorly painted UCM Infantry.

I'd easily pay $10 for a dozen empty bases. Any chance in the future there may be an option to order them?

If I started Shaltari I'd want do the same thing with their tanks. You can advertise them with the spare flight pegs as ways to hover the tanks in a one or two page hobby tutorial

J.D. Welch

Hawk Talon

Re: Add "Spare Infantry Bases" to the Webstore?

PostFri Aug 11, 2017 4:48 am

Personally, I don't like bases for Dropzone vehicle Units, due to the needs of positioning vs facing.

But, to each his own.

Your bases look very nice. Just not my cuppa...
I love my job (well, I love having a job), but a bad day of gaming beats a good day of work every time!

http://www.theroadtovalhalla.blogspot.com

leigen_zero

Re: Add "Spare Infantry Bases" to the Webstore?

PostFri Aug 18, 2017 10:15 am

Any of the floaty vehicles look better on bases IMHO.

Personally I like everything based, just because I enjoy making the bases tell a story about the miniature.

Ideally I'd base all my stuff, but walkers are hard to base, especially if they are magnetised so they fit in the dropships.

Return to General Discussion