It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:04 pm

OPEN BETA feedback tread!

Tell the world your Dropzone related trials and tribulations!
  • Author

Lorn

Hawk Talon

Re: OPEN BETA feedback tread!

PostWed May 02, 2018 2:26 pm

Do you mean a base of Sirens or a Squad? In V1 the Juno could transport two bases of infantry, currently PHR has no infantry squad that can have more then three bases.

So unless the Jokers at TT-Combat are "intentionally" mixing that up like Spirits and Gaias, the transported amount will stay the same in V1 and V2.

German space magic for PHR would you like to know more?
http://www.hawkforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=7017

German space magic for all and this time it is in Space!
viewtopic.php?f=36&t=10506

Thunderboy

Hawk Talon

PostWed May 02, 2018 5:08 pm

My apologies. C3.
For Humanity!
26th at Autum Invasion 2016

Gonefishing

PostWed May 02, 2018 11:56 pm

Lorn wrote:Do you mean a base of Sirens or a Squad? In V1 the Juno could transport two bases of infantry, currently PHR has no infantry squad that can have more then three bases.

So unless the Jokers at TT-Combat are "intentionally" mixing that up like Spirits and Gaias, the transported amount will stay the same in V1 and V2.

That 2-3 squad size on Sirens must be a mistake surely? Otherwise how do you transport a squad of three?

The rules say a transport "Must" be at maximum capacity when you buy it:

When choosing Transports, a player may take as many as they like in their army, with the following rules: 1. Each Transport chosen must be assigned to a starting Battlegroup when building your army and must start the game at maximum capacity (unless the rules state otherwise). It may change Battlegroup and does not have to be full in later turns.

Tritons - Hold Maximum 2 (and are the best option for sirens)
Junos - hold 2? (I cant see them being a C3 as the maximum immortals squad size is 2 - and while I don't think Juno's will see much table time still even with the Transport search bonus, if they are used it is far more likely to be Immortals using them then Sirens?? However at C2 sirens could not fill them to capacity (they can only fill a maximum 1.5 squad per base), which under the rules they cant do (as the transport needs to be full).

Neptunes can carry 2 Juno's (which the sirens cant fill in a squad of 3)

Have I completely missed something or is a three man sirens unit not transportable by air or land vehicles at present? :?:

W0lfBane

PostThu May 03, 2018 2:54 am

Gonefishing wrote:
Lorn wrote:Do you mean a base of Sirens or a Squad? In V1 the Juno could transport two bases of infantry, currently PHR has no infantry squad that can have more then three bases.

That 2-3 squad size on Sirens must be a mistake surely? Otherwise how do you transport a squad of three?

The rules say a transport "Must" be at maximum capacity when you buy it:

When choosing Transports, a player may take as many as they like in their army, with the following rules: 1. Each Transport chosen must be assigned to a starting Battlegroup when building your army and must start the game at maximum capacity (unless the rules state otherwise). It may change Battlegroup and does not have to be full in later turns.

Tritons - Hold Maximum 2 (and are the best option for sirens)
Junos - hold 2? (I cant see them being a C3 as the maximum immortals squad size is 2 - and while I don't think Juno's will see much table time still even with the Transport search bonus, if they are used it is far more likely to be Immortals using them then Sirens?? However at C2 sirens could not fill them to capacity (they can only fill a maximum 1.5 squad per base), which under the rules they cant do (as the transport needs to be full).

Neptunes can carry 2 Juno's (which the sirens cant fill in a squad of 3)

Have I completely missed something or is a three man sirens unit not transportable by air or land vehicles at present? :?:

Thunderboy clarified it was in fact C3 we post directly above yours

Capt. McDowell

PostThu May 03, 2018 4:10 am

A C3 Juno would not be able to transport a single squad of Immortals at full capacity and brings us back to GoneFishing's point. The squad size of Sirens can't be changed without unintended consequences or a special rule to account for it.

W0lfBane

PostThu May 03, 2018 4:37 am

I forgot that every transport needs to start at full capacity. That is a rule that I feel doesn't add much.

Lorn

Hawk Talon

PostThu May 03, 2018 8:42 am

The Juno should have C2 and Sirens should have a Squadsize of 2 instead of 2-3. I would not try to read the intend to change anything from V1 to V2 unless expressly stated and delivered typo free in that regard.

German space magic for PHR would you like to know more?
http://www.hawkforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=7017

German space magic for all and this time it is in Space!
viewtopic.php?f=36&t=10506

Thunderboy

Hawk Talon

PostThu May 03, 2018 11:41 am

Immortals were c1.5 I believe in the earlier Bèta.
For Humanity!

Gonefishing

PostThu May 03, 2018 5:09 pm

Thunderboy wrote:Immortals were c1.5 I believe in the earlier Bèta.

Surely that cant be right, as that would be even worse!!! - As it would mean Immortals cant use Tritons?! - In fact the only way to transport them would be via Neptune/Juno combo?

That would mean Immortals effectivly becoming a + 2 choice. 4 Immortal bases filling 2 Juno bases, allowing the Juno to be transported by the Neptune. Thats 206 pts per list, for the privilege of fielding 2 squads of your most ineffective troops, in the most ineffective and expensive possible way - with no choice in the matter if you want them to arrive on turn 1??

W0lfBane wrote:I forgot that every transport needs to start at full capacity. That is a rule that I feel doesn't add much.

It adds quite a lot - for a start it helps prevent spamming, without the restrictions for example I would be rocking a whole lot of partially filled Njords. Its a good rule, but it needs to be carefully applied - in this case god knows what's going on!

Thunderboy

Hawk Talon

PostSun May 06, 2018 12:55 pm

See? It's hard to get everything right, Gonefishing.
So please let us know what you think they need?
Sirens c0.66 maybe?
For Humanity!
PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion