It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:00 pm

State of the game?

Tell the world your Dropzone related trials and tribulations!
  • Author

bertmac

State of the game?

PostWed May 03, 2017 4:49 pm

Hi

Haven't played since the middle of last year.
Have a big PHR force.

How is teh game at the moment?

Have there been many erratas in the last 6-9 months?

Major Awesome

Re: State of the game?

PostThu May 04, 2017 4:28 am

The game is in a pretty solid state right now with a pretty tight ruleset. There is a good variety of models available for each faction, and not too many problems.

There hasn't been a whole lot of new stuff recently, as Hawk has seemed to be pretty distracted by Dropfleet. Getting that branch of the universe off and running has seemed... taxing.

At one point I heard they wanted to focus 2017 on helping build the Dropzone communities around the world- escalation league materials, ways of helping new players access the game, etc. However it's 5 months into the year and I haven't seen much of that yet.

Communication and updates on Dropzone have been sparse lately. I'd kill for a regular newsletter, video update, regular forum presence, smoke signal, whatever.
~Major Awesome~
Hedgehog schemer, Resistance lover, and on those random full moons when PHR aren't everywhere my true nature as cyborg comes out.

samspace

Hawk Talon

PostThu May 04, 2017 7:30 pm

The talons are getting regular updates.

Don't forget the Shaltari show model

Major Awesome

PostThu May 04, 2017 8:35 pm

That's nice, but us regular peons could use some updates too. I'd imagine the vast majority of their playerbase isn't a Talon, and that they can't survive on Talons alone being excited. Infuse some hype into the general community about whatever's coming.
~Major Awesome~
Hedgehog schemer, Resistance lover, and on those random full moons when PHR aren't everywhere my true nature as cyborg comes out.

Cry of the Wind

Hawk Talon

PostFri May 05, 2017 5:07 pm

We don't have much more info that regular folk right now. While some interesting things may be coming soon it isn't model/rules based outside of what we have seen in events. Hawk does want to help support both DZC and DFC this year for sure though!

The Dropzone game is in a nice stable place right now. Rules and models are solid with nothing I have seen stirring local metas into a frenzy. Honestly the only bad thing about the game right now is the lack of excitement over new stuff and the general feeling that it is being overshadowed by Dropfleet.

My old group still play it regularly while my new group have shelved it for now with the new Flames of War rules having just come out. I'm sure I'll be getting a few Dropzone games in soon however and see great potential linking DZC and DFC to get the interest back up again!

stevefamine

PostFri May 05, 2017 5:45 pm

Cry of the Wind wrote:We don't have much more info that regular folk right now. While some interesting things may be coming soon it isn't model/rules based outside of what we have seen in events. Hawk does want to help support both DZC and DFC this year for sure though!

The Dropzone game is in a nice stable place right now. Rules and models are solid with nothing I have seen stirring local metas into a frenzy. Honestly the only bad thing about the game right now is the lack of excitement over new stuff and the general feeling that it is being overshadowed by Dropfleet.

My old group still play it regularly while my new group have shelved it for now with the new Flames of War rules having just come out. I'm sure I'll be getting a few Dropzone games in soon however and see great potential linking DZC and DFC to get the interest back up again!

Interest in the game seems to devolve into:

"Oh new WH40K edition rumors, better save for a new army"
"Oh new boxed game of XYZ that will entertain us for a few weekends drinking"
"Steve you need to bring your table over, playing with the starter set boxes is boring and we dont' have ANY area terrain"
"I don't like playing at the FLGS" (I sort of agree to this, time for a new FLGS in the area I just moved to)
"Hey Im still building my Dropfleet/I want to play Dropfleet/Lets Talk about Dropfleet"

eastern barbarian

PostSun May 07, 2017 8:44 pm

Just played a great local torunament with 18 players, however it would be great if Hawk Wargames did bit more to promote the game, have some new stuff etc. Every game needs periodical excitement to keep growing. Seems like Dropfleet really didn't help here. but maybe I am wrong.

dread2005

Hawk Talon

PostSun May 07, 2017 10:46 pm

I play both and started with DZC. Sure Dropfleet takes attention away from DZC for now, but after this i think more than 50% of hawks player base will play both systems! They are different enough to not block eachother but get people in because of the great gamesystem! It totally draw me away from 40K and since AOS from Fantasy as well.

I am now looking back to my DZC models and will recolor them to fit with my fleet.
Quote: " nothing is ever easy " by zedicus zul zorrander

Dropfleet ADMIRAL may Mankind conquer the universe
UCM ~2500 Points, PHR ~2000 Points

Dropzone GENERAL revenge of Mankind
PHR 2000 Points, UCM 3500 Points

wowskyguy

Hawk Talon

PostMon May 08, 2017 2:00 pm

Funny question. When I think about that, I check the number of tables the game has at mid/large conventions.

Cheers,
--
Andy

"Here's everything I know
about war: Somebody wins,
somebody loses, and
nothing is ever the same again."
Admiral Constanza Stark,
C.Y. 9784

Hawk Liam

PostThu May 11, 2017 3:30 pm

Fear not all, we do have stuff in the pipeline for Dropzone Commander.

We will be launching the Famous Commanders from version 2, as well as the models for the Fauna and some other new content to come.

Keep an eye out for future updates or newsletters for news on the game.
Next

Return to General Discussion