CotWs UCM DzC Forces

Questions & Tips on painting, converting and photographing models
  • Author

Cry of the Wind

Hawk Talon

Re: CotWs UCM DzC Forces

PostFri Mar 04, 2016 7:47 pm

Thanks!

I went with a different scheme for the flyers simply because I liked the look of the colour scheme that was the inspiration. I also like the idea of the dropships being in the fleet vs being part of the army. I know the fluff says they are all army but I feel they fit better as something more like the US with the Osprey being a USAF thing that carries Marines.

The camo scheme I used doesn't look as good IMHO on the dropships either which was another factor. Similar I think the ground forces look better in camo than if I copied the air scheme onto the ground troops.

Hope that fills you in on my thoughts on the paint schemes for all!

Bonus: My Dropfleet Commander UCM will be similar to my dropships but with a white highlight on the grey instead of leaving it as is.

Tristan

PostMon Mar 07, 2016 7:19 am

Makes sense and in essence the camo wont help the dropships that much anyways. It did fill me in :D. If I would do a UCM force I'd follow suit for the same reasons. Also will be cool to see your dropfleet once it arrives. Thank you for the answer.

Cheers,
Tristan.

Cry of the Wind

Hawk Talon

PostTue Mar 08, 2016 10:01 pm

Ground Forces Update!!!

So I have finished the ground portion of my second plastic set now. I haven't started the Condors yet and since there are no new models to show off really I figured I would give some more scenic shots of my ground forces. Forgot the Hazard Suits in the case and cut off the Longbows for most shots but you get the idea. Will probably do another set like this with everything once I'm done the Condors. Now if only I could get some more models in stock here in Ontario!

Tristan

PostWed Mar 09, 2016 6:31 am

A nice force, well done mate. I bet it strikes out more compared to the opponent you play against. I bet if you face a brightly colored Shaltari these guys really come off as the unending warmachine of the UCM.

Cheers,
Tristan.

Cry of the Wind

Hawk Talon

PostSun Mar 20, 2016 11:38 pm

Got my second UCM starter set all done now!

Instead of a simple post of the 3 new Condors I have a couple full force in case shots to share!

I also found a new game store nearby, Lords of War in Oakville. Had a great 2000pts game against PHR where I won a crushing victory in a Bunker Assault mission! Also picked up some of the missing units from my roster. I now have 2 more Gladius, 4 Wolverines, 2 Raven A, 2 Raven B and 2 Archangels at home and ready to be assembled soon! Have to say I am loving the Seraphim despite many people questioning my use of 2 of them in my 1500+pts lists.

L. Sabia Byrne

PostSun Mar 20, 2016 11:49 pm

I have to agree with you with regards to the Seraphim. One just doesnt cut it, but two really allows a UCM player to target high value items and take them out of the equation quickly!

Follow your heart brother... and then pull the trigger! :twisted:
You're going to need a MUCH bigger gun my friend!

http://brushesandbayonets.blogspot.co.uk/
http://www.solarismedia.tv

Tristan

PostSat Mar 26, 2016 2:47 pm

Now seeing the whole army together like that I really like the look of the airforce you've got there. And I like to see people play units and minis that they like. Enjoy the Seraphim power.

Cheers,
Tristan.

Cry of the Wind

Hawk Talon

PostFri Apr 08, 2016 9:08 pm

Got some more stuff painted and going to a tournament tomorrow. Here are some shots of the new stuff as well as the force I am taking!

Here is a closer shot of the new stuff. A pair of Raven Bs, Raven As and a pair of Archangels!

Cry of the Wind

Hawk Talon

PostMon Apr 11, 2016 4:39 pm

Tournament is all over now and I took some better shots of the last finished batch!

I ended up coming in 1st place this time! Sadly the turn out wasn't as good so the accomplishment isn't so grand as my second place last time around. Were 4 of us and we each played one round against each other. I found my Seraphim once again being star players with them killing an Ocelot on turn 1 in my game against a Shaltri player and they bagged an Invader that was escaping with an objective in a different game as well. Archangels we not so hot this time around. They showed up too late to really have any impact on the enemy dropships as most things were already where they needed to be. I have a pack of Fireblades that I am now eyeing as my list has not much in the way of infantry clearing abilities. It would be a clean swap in my 1500pts to replace the 2 Archangels with the Fireblades and a Condor. Well that's enough army theory...on to the pictures!

Archangels

Full wing of Raven A's ready to go!

Raven B's and their passengers!

Full army in display case! I think I am going to have to clear another shelf for them. Things are getting pretty crowded now. I have 2 Gladii and 4 Wolverines still on the painting bench to add in as well.

Cry of the Wind

Hawk Talon

PostWed May 04, 2016 1:29 pm

Long time no post! Have some more finished UCM to share. Actually I have now painted all of my collection and don't have anything on the wait list right now. I'm now waiting for the new Falcon B and Crossbow to come out so I can add those to the collection. I may pick up a couple new commanders as well. The Broadsword looks pretty cool and I may use it when it is no longer a famous commander. Playing around in FFoR I have found a few lists using the Phoenix that I like and feel it would make a good centre piece for my forces. Can't really make a list with an Albatross work so probably won't be getting one of them anytime soon.

Anyway nuff rambling!

Fireblades!

Raven B's all done and a complete scout section of Wolverines is finished as well!
PreviousNext

Return to Painting and Modelling