It is currently Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:09 pm

Best variance of Cruisers to have?

Help your brothers take back the Cradle Worlds!
  • Author

Danny76

Best variance of Cruisers to have?

PostTue Sep 12, 2017 8:21 am

Hi all,

I'm building up my Cruisers to have a good variance but also to not miss out on anything too crucial to games.

I wasn't planning on magnetising or anything like that, so these will just be the options I have.
In 999/1250, (or at a push 1500) point games. Do these choices give me a good group of Cruisers to choose from do you think? frigates wise I have loads of each so can build the rest of the list around the choices made here.

Atlantis
Moscow
Berlin
Seattle
Madrid
San Francisco x2

The Atlantis and Moscow I have already built, but the rest I could theoretically change to other options.
I think it would mostly be 999 points so would only be taking a few of them anyway.

Let me know your thoughts/advice!

Thanks,
Last edited by Danny76 on Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cry of the Wind

Hawk Talon

Re: Best variance of Cruisers to have?

PostTue Sep 12, 2017 9:19 pm

You don't need magnets for most UCM ships to be honest. Pick either guns or BTL and don't glue the back tops on. You can easily snap fit the cruiser/light cruiser/seattle bits with little worry of paint chipping (paint chips are covered where they connect).

With 5 cruisers I would likely go 1 Madrid and then 2 guns and 2 BTLs. That way you get 2 Seattle if you want and till have a fairly flexible fleet for different options. I would always have at least one Madrid though as they have never failed to get their points back through killing sectors or distracting the enemy.

Return to UCM - Fleet Lists and Tactics